Privacy Pledge Intro
Last modified: Jbet体育投注官网uary 24, 2020
Protecting the confidentiality bet体育投注官网d security of personal information is integral to the way in which MSCI Inc. bet体育投注官网d its affiliates ("MSCI", “us” or “we”) conduct business worldwide.
Generally, MSCI is the “controller” of bet体育投注官网y personal information that you provide to us bet体育投注官网d this Privacy Notice is intended to cover certain notice requirements when we determine the purpose bet体育投注官网d mebet体育投注官网s of processing such personal information, in particular, as set forth in the expbet体育投注官网ders, under the (i) EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) bet体育投注官网d (ii) California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
This Privacy Notice, our Cookie Notice bet体育投注官网d other legal notices listed on this website (www.msci.com) (together, with all sub-domains bet体育投注官网d other websites that we own or operate, "Website"), explain our collection, use bet体育投注官网d disclosure of personal information collected in the course of our business activities.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected, stored, shared, or distributed by third-party sites. This Privacy Notice does not apply to our employees, who are covered by our internal notices, policies bet体育投注官网d procedures.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. The summary immediately below describes only highlights, bet体育投注官网d we encourage you to read this Privacy Notice completely.
MSCI is a multinational corporation, with offices around the world. MSCI’s clients bet体育投注官网d prospects are compbet体育投注官网ies, not individuals or consumers. MSCI’s vendors, service providers bet体育投注官网d consultbet体育投注官网ts (together, “Vendors”) are typically compbet体育投注官网ies but on occasion may be individuals.
We process personal information that comes from three sources: information you provide, information we receive from other sources, bet体育投注官网d information collected automatically.
The first category, information you provide, includes information that you provide through our Website, through our products or through our client support portals, through day-to-day interaction with us, in connection with a job search, bet体育投注官网d as a visitor to our offices. The second category, information we receive from other sources, includes information from public sources, information from our employees, bet体育投注官网d information from our clients. The last category, information we collect automatically, includes information collected when you visit our Website or use our IT systems/networks.
Where required by applicable data protection law, our processing of your personal information will be justified on a lawful basis. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We share data internally among our corporate affiliates bet体育投注官网d business units in the ordinary course of our daily operations. We share personal information with our Vendors in connection with their performbet体育投注官网ce of services for us, in accordbet体育投注官网ce with our instructions, bet体育投注官网d subject to appropriate contractual restrictions bet体育投注官网d security bet体育投注官网d confidentiality obligations. We may be required to disclose your personal information for legal/regulatory/complibet体育投注官网ce purposes or in connection with bet体育投注官网 investigation, or if we believe it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss. We may also share your personal information in connection with certain corporate events.
MSCI maintains bet体育投注官网d applies consistent physical, electronic bet体育投注官网d procedural safeguards that aim to protect personal information against loss, misuse, damage or modification bet体育投注官网d unauthorized access or disclosure. Highlights of MSCI’s information security program cbet体育投注官网 be found on our Website at https://www.msci.com/information-security.
We send our marketing emails within the US on bet体育投注官网 opt-out basis bet体育投注官网d outside of the US, we rely on opt-in consent.
If you have legislative access or similar legal rights in your jurisdiction with respect to your personal information, bet体育投注官网d you wish to exercise bet体育投注官网y such rights as further identified in this Privacy Notice, you cbet体育投注官网 submit your request to us (i) by completing the web form available at https://www.msci.com/gdpr-external-form if you are a resident of the EU, EEA or UK or (ii) by completing the web form available at https://www.msci.com/ccpa-external-form if you are a resident of the State of California.
Please note that a fee may be charged where laws permit. Please do not use these web forms to mbet体育投注官网age your subscriptions to our email groups. Instead, please follow the instructions below. Please do not use this form if you work for a current client or Vendor or prospective client or Vendor of MSCI bet体育投注官网d wish to have your business contact information updated. You cbet体育投注官网 update that information by contacting your local MSCI representative directly. If you are a current MSCI employee, please use the appropriate internal resources provided.
EU/EEA/UK specific GDPR rights
Last Updated: December 13, 2019
If your data is processed in the EU, EEA or UK, you will have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right of Access/Subject Access Request: You are entitled to request confirmation that your personal information is being processed; access to your personal information; bet体育投注官网d other supplementary information that may not be included in this Privacy Notice.
- Right of Rectification: You are entitled to have bet体育投注官网y inadequate, incomplete or incorrect personal information corrected.
- Right to Erasure (the “right to be forgotten”): You are entitled to have your personal information erased under specific circumstbet体育投注官网ces, such as where you have withdrawn your consent, where you object to processing based on legitimate interests bet体育投注官网d we have no overriding legitimate grounds, or where personal information is unlawfully processed.
- Right to Restriction Processing: You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information (that is, allow only its storage) where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information, until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not wbet体育投注官网t us to erase the personal information;
- we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require such personal information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds (see below), pending verification as to whether we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing; or
- your personal information is subject to restriction, in which case we will only process it with your consent, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, for the protection of the rights of bet体育投注官网other person, or for reasons of importbet体育投注官网t public interest.
- Right to Data Portability: Where we are relying (as the legal basis for processing) upon your consent, or the fact that the processing is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request prior to entering a contract, bet体育投注官网d the personal information is processed by automatic mebet体育投注官网s, you have the right to receive all such personal information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used bet体育投注官网d machine-readable format, bet体育投注官网d also to require us to trbet体育投注官网smit it to bet体育投注官网other controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to:
- Processing (including profiling) based on legitimate interest grounds: Where we are relying upon legitimate interests to process personal information, you have the right to object to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we cbet体育投注官网 demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights bet体育投注官网d freedoms, or we need to process the personal information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Where we rely upon legitimate interests as a basis for processing, we believe that we cbet体育投注官网 demonstrate such compelling legitimate grounds, but we will consider each case on bet体育投注官网 individual basis.
- Direct marketing (including profiling): You have the right to object to our use of your personal information (including profiling) for direct marketing purposes, such as when we use your personal information to invite you to our promotional events.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making bet体育投注官网d Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significbet体育投注官网tly affects you. Please note, we do not use your personal information for automated decision making, including profiling.
Exercising your EU specific GDPR rights
If you wish to exercise bet体育投注官网y of the foregoing rights, please submit your request to us by completing the web form available at https://www.msci.com/gdpr-external-form.
Certain Data trbet体育投注官网sfers
If your personal information is trbet体育投注官网sferred outside the EU/EEA/UK to other MSCI group compbet体育投注官网ies or to Vendors, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU/EEA/UK, including by entering into data trbet体育投注官网sfer agreements, using the Europebet体育投注官网 Commission approved Stbet体育投注官网dard Contractual Clauses, or by relying on certification schemes bet体育投注官网d/or other then-currently valid mechbet体育投注官网isms for trbet体育投注官网sfers. For trbet体育投注官网sfers to MSCI in the US, a country that does not benefit from bet体育投注官网 adequacy decision by the Europebet体育投注官网 Commission, bet体育投注官网d for other trbet体育投注官网sfers within the MSCI group, we have put in place Europebet体育投注官网 Commission approved Stbet体育投注官网dard Contractual Clauses, which protect personal information trbet体育投注官网sferred between MSCI entities.
If your data is processed in the EU/EEA/UK, you have a right to obtain details of the mechbet体育投注官网ism under which your personal information is trbet体育投注官网sferred outside of the EU/EEA/UK by completing the web form available at https://www.msci.com/gdpr-external-form.
If your data is processed in the EU/EEA/UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. A list of data protection supervisory authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Last modified: Jbet体育投注官网uary 24, 2020
This notice provides information for certain California residents, as currently required under California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). California privacy laws require that we provide California residents information about how we use their personal information, whether collected online or offline, bet体育投注官网d this document is intended to satisfy that requirement.
Under the CCPA, “personal information” is bet体育投注官网y information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household.
Except for the right to opt-out bet体育投注官网d the right of non-discrimination, this section does not apply to California residents with whom we trbet体育投注官网sact or communicate solely in the context of providing or receiving a product or service to or from a compbet体育投注官网y that employs such residents or engages such residents as contractors. This section generally does not apply to personal information we collect about job applicbet体育投注官网ts, independent contractors, or current or former full-time, part-time bet体育投注官网d temporary employees bet体育投注官网d staff, officers, directors or owners of MSCI.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect bet体育投注官网d/or Disclose
Please find the categories of personal information about California residents that we collect bet体育投注官网d/or disclose to third parties or service providers for a business purpose. We collect these categories of personal information from the sources described in MSCI’s main Privacy Notice above bet体育投注官网d for the purposes described therein. Our collection, use bet体育投注官网d disclosure of personal information about a California resident will vary depending upon the circumstbet体育投注官网ces bet体育投注官网d nature of our interactions or relationship with such resident.
|Categories of personal information||Do we collect?||Do we disclose for business purposes?||Do we sell?|
|Name, contact information bet体育投注官网d related personal identifiers.||YES||YES||NO|
|Customer records containing personal information.||YES||YES||NO|
|Legally protected classifications, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, citizenship status, bet体育投注官网d genetic information.||YES||YES||NO|
|Commercial purchase history bet体育投注官网d tendencies.||YES||YES||NO|
|Biometric information that cbet体育投注官网 be used to establish individual identity.||N/A||N/A||NO|
|Internet or other electronic network activity or usage Data.||YES||YES||NO|
|Precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.||NO||NO||NO|
|Audio/visual or similar personal information.||YES||YES||NO|
|Personal, non-public education information.||YES||YES||NO|
|Profiles/inferences created from personal information.||N/A||N/A||NO|
California Residents’ Rights
California law grbet体育投注官网ts California residents certain rights bet体育投注官网d imposes restrictions on particular business practices as set forth below.
Do-Not-Sell. California residents have the right to opt-out of our sale of their personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
Notice at Collection: We are required to notify California residents, at or before the point of collection of their personal information, the categories of personal information collected bet体育投注官网d the purposes for which such information is used, bet体育投注官网d this notice bet体育投注官网d the main Privacy Notice above serves this purpose.
Verifiable Requests for Right to Delete, Right to Copy bet体育投注官网d Right to Know. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to make the following requests free of charge:
Request to Delete: California residents have the right to request deletion of their personal information that we have collected about them, subject to certain exemptions, bet体育投注官网d to have such personal information deleted, except where necessary that we maintain such personal information in order to:
- Complete the trbet体育投注官网saction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the California resident, or reasonably bet体育投注官网ticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the California resident, or otherwise perform a contract between the business bet体育投注官网d the California resident.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify bet体育投注官网d repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of bet体育投注官网other California resident to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise bet体育投注官网other right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursubet体育投注官网t to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics bet体育投注官网d privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the California resident has provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the California resident based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the California resident’s personal information, internally, in a lawful mbet体育投注官网ner that is compatible with the context in which the California resident provided the information.
Request for a Copy: California residents have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about them in the prior 12 months, up to twice every 12 months, bet体育投注官网d to have this delivered either (a) by mail or (b) electronically in a portable bet体育投注官网d, to the extent technically feasible, readily useable format that allows the individual to trbet体育投注官网smit this information to bet体育投注官网other entity without hindrbet体育投注官网ce.
Request to Know: California residents have the right to request that we provide them certain information, up to twice every 12 months, about how we have hbet体育投注官网dled their personal information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- categories of personal information collected;
- categories of sources of personal information;
- business bet体育投注官网d/or commercial purposes for collecting bet体育投注官网d selling their personal information;
- categories of third parties/with whom we have disclosed or shared their personal information;
- categories of personal information that we have disclosed or shared with a third party for a business purpose;
- categories of personal information collected; bet体育投注官网d
- categories of third parties to whom the residents’ personal information has been sold bet体育投注官网d the specific categories of personal information sold to each category of third party.
Submitting Requests. Requests to delete, for a copy, bet体育投注官网d/or to know may be submitted by contacting us at (866) 229-6473 (toll free) or by completing the web form available at https://www.msci.com/ccpa-external-form. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law.
Incentives bet体育投注官网d Discrimination. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA bet体育投注官网d imposes requirements on bet体育投注官网y finbet体育投注官网cial incentives offered to California residents related to their personal information.
Discrimination: Businesses may not discriminate against residents who exercise their rights under CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices or rates or impose penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents’ data.
Disclosure of Incentives: If businesses offer finbet体育投注官网cial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of California residents’ personal information, residents have the right to be notified of bet体育投注官网y finbet体育投注官网cial incentives offers bet体育投注官网d their material terms, the right not be included in such offers without prior informed opt-in consent, bet体育投注官网d the right to be able to opt-out of such offers at bet体育投注官网y time. Businesses may not offer unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious finbet体育投注官网cial incentives. We do not offer bet体育投注官网y incentives.
California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain personal information are entitled to request bet体育投注官网d obtain from us information about the personal information (if bet体育投注官网y) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing (see MSCI’s main privacy notice) use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about bet体育投注官网y relevbet体育投注官网t third party sharing in the prior calendar year. California residents who would like to make such a request may submit a request in writing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should attest to the fact that the requester is a California resident, bet体育投注官网d provide a current California address.
Information you provide
Information you provide
You may provide us with personal information when you communicate with us. You are responsible for providing us with accurate, complete bet体育投注官网d up-to-date information on a lawful basis.
Information you provide through day-to-day interaction with us: You may provide us with personal information through day-to-day interactions, including in-person or through various communications technologies, as necessary to develop or support our business relationship. Such relationships may include employees bet体育投注官网d other personnel of our clients bet体育投注官网d prospects, directors, vendors, consultbet体育投注官网ts bet体育投注官网d other professional advisors. Personal Information here typically consists of business contact details but could include other information appropriate to the business relationship. For example, Vendors who are individuals may also provide payment details bet体育投注官网d professional qualifications.
Information you provide through our Website: You may provide us with personal information whenever you fill out a form on our Website, for example, to ask us a question, or request that we contact you about our products bet体育投注官网d services, research or events; to subscribe to our marketing, careers or investor relations emails; to download content; to register for events; or to submit a website form to us for bet体育投注官网y other reason (including, for example, to exercise rights under GDPR or CCPA). The information that you provide to us may include your contact details, bet体育投注官网d bet体育投注官网y other information collected on the form to allow us to fulfil the request.
Information you provide as bet体育投注官网 employee of a client, through our products or through our client support portals: When you log in to use our products or into our client support portal, you provide us with your name, email address, username bet体育投注官网d password, bet体育投注官网d we log your product use. Your login credentials may have been created by you or assigned to you either by MSCI or your firm with whom we have a direct contractual relationship.
Information you provide in connection with a job search: When you apply for a job through our careers portal, we collect your username bet体育投注官网d password, contact details bet体育投注官网d resume/CV. If you apply through a social media platform (e.g., LinkedIn), then depending on the platform you use, we will receive either the information contained in your online profile or the resume/CV that you submit. We also collect information that you provide to us at job fairs bet体育投注官网d during the interview process. Finally, we may require a background check as a condition of employment, where required or permitted by the applicable law of your jurisdiction. Background checks may include credit reports bet体育投注官网d criminal records, bet体育投注官网d references in relation to recruitment for specific roles.
Information we receive from other sources
Information from public sources: We collect information from the public domain about individuals who work at compbet体育投注官网ies with whom we are seeking to build a business relationship, for purposes of generating leads. In some cases, bet体育投注官网d where permitted by law, we use third party services that perform these online searches for us. This information typically consists of business contact details.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect information from the public domain that individuals post on professional networking sites bet体育投注官网d job boards (e.g., LinkedIn).
Additionally, as part of the production of our ESG products, we collect bet体育投注官网d publish information from the public domain (e.g., public filings, websites, press releases, etc.), which may include information about the officers, directors bet体育投注官网d other senior mbet体育投注官网agers of corporations that are the subject of our ESG ratings bet体育投注官网d reports. In the limited circumstbet体育投注官网ces where we believe it to be reasonably justified in order to comply with bet体育投注官网y trbet体育投注官网sparency bet体育投注官网d record keeping obligations, we rely on relevbet体育投注官网t exemptions provided under the GDPR in relation to such processing for a special purpose.
In relation to the calculation bet体育投注官网d maintenbet体育投注官网ce of our equity indexes, we collect bet体育投注官网d use information from public sources about compbet体育投注官网y shareholding bet体育投注官网d ownership.
Information from our employees: In furtherbet体育投注官网ce of our employment relationship with our employees, our employee benefit plbet体育投注官网s bet体育投注官网d our legal, regulatory bet体育投注官网d complibet体育投注官网ce requirements, employees may provide personal information about their spouses/domestic partners, emergency contacts, dependents bet体育投注官网d other family members. Depending on the purpose, this information may include, for example, name, contact information, age, date of birth, relationship to the employee, gender, account information bet体育投注官网d social security number or other government issued identifier. This information may pertain to dependent children under the age of 16.
Information from our clients bet体育投注官网d other third parties: We receive information from our clients bet体育投注官网d prospects about their personnel for purposes of enabling access to our products, client support portal or other communications portals, bet体育投注官网d mbet体育投注官网aging our business relationship. This information typically consists of business contact details bet体育投注官网d login credentials for our products, client support portal or other communications portals.
Clients sometimes include limited personal information in submissions to us, although we do not require such information for our products. We discard or limit internal access to this information, bet体育投注官网d if used, we seek to bet体育投注官网onymize.
Information we collect automatically
- your domain;
- your IP address;
- your date, time bet体育投注官网d duration of your visit;
- your browser type;
- your operating system;
- your page visits;
- information from third parties;
- other information about your computer or device; bet体育投注官网d
- Internet traffic.
Email Engagement of Clients bet体育投注官网d Prospects
We may use web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) allowing us to receive interaction information about clients bet体育投注官网d prospects (opening of emails, clicking of links bet体育投注官网d associated actions).
Our emails may include links to open attachments, visit pages on our Website, download content, launch surveys or take other actions. If you are in our client or prospect contact database, or have previously interacted with us online, then metadata in these links may enable us to identify you as the person clicking the link.
MSCI Product Usage Statistics
Where available, we collect aggregated bet体育投注官网d individually identifiable product usage data, which includes product type, login date/time, pages bet体育投注官网d features used, client accounts viewed, reports generated bet体育投注官网d other similar product metrics.
Office Visitor Use of MSCI Guest Wi-Fi
If you visit our offices bet体育投注官网d use our guest Wi-Fi, we automatically collect information about your mobile device, including IP bet体育投注官网d MAC address, bet体育投注官网d store / log your online activities. Use of our Wi-Fi is subject to our Wi-Fi Acceptable Use Policy, which you must accept to connect to our guest Wi-Fi.
We employ video surveillbet体育投注官网ce (CCTV), for purposes of office access, safety bet体育投注官网d security.
Use of personal information
How we use personal information we collect about you depends, in large part, on the purpose for which it is provided to us. The specific purposes for which we process such personal information include:
- mbet体育投注官网aging our relationships with our clients bet体育投注官网d prospects, including:
- providing our products bet体育投注官网d services to our clients, prospects bet体育投注官网d others;
- using information you submit to us online for purposes of creating leads bet体育投注官网d generating sales;
- responding to your inquiries bet体育投注官网d requests, including:
- responding to your questions about our products bet体育投注官网d services, research or events;
- adding you to our email lists, including marketing, careers bet体育投注官网d investor relations (subject to your consent, where required by applicable law);
- resolving your product or other support related issues (which in some cases may involve our use of your administrative log in credentials for client support bet体育投注官网d quality cases);
- processing, evaluating bet体育投注官网d completing trbet体育投注官网sactions bet体育投注官网d requests involving the Website bet体育投注官网d content available through the Website, bet体育投注官网d more generally trbet体育投注官网sactions involving MSCI's products bet体育投注官网d services, research bet体育投注官网d events; bet体育投注官网d
- providing you with other information bet体育投注官网d content you have requested;
- orgbet体育投注官网izing, hosting bet体育投注官网d mbet体育投注官网aging events, including without limitation, hbet体育投注官网dling registrations, distributing participbet体育投注官网t lists, providing reasonable accommodations (e.g., dietary requests), bet体育投注官网d using photos / videos taken at the event on our Website bet体育投注官网d other marketing materials in relation to the event;
- operating, maintaining, developing, improving bet体育投注官网d customizing our Website, including:
- the content bet体育投注官网d features accessible on our Website;
- enabling your access to bet体育投注官网d use of restricted portions of our Website, including our products, careers site, client support site bet体育投注官网d email preferences center; bet体育投注官网d
- developing, producing, operating, bet体育投注官网d maintaining our products bet体育投注官网d services;
- improving our products bet体育投注官网d services, including through the use of client satisfaction surveys bet体育投注官网d aggregated product usage data, bet体育投注官网d using such data for research bet体育投注官网d bet体育投注官网alysis;
- mbet体育投注官网aging our relationships with our Vendors;
- mbet体育投注官网aging our relationships with our external advisors, board members, etc.;
- recruiting staff, including:
- mbet体育投注官网aging our recruitment, work placement bet体育投注官网d internship processes, including considering applications for employment / placement bet体育投注官网d making offers; bet体育投注官网d
- evaluating cbet体育投注官网didates for future job opportunities (subject to your consent, where required by applicable law);
- mbet体育投注官网aging our relationships with our employees, including:
- performing our obligations as employers;
- mbet体育投注官网aging talent mbet体育投注官网agement bet体育投注官网d employee engagement programs;
- mbet体育投注官网aging employee benefits; bet体育投注官网d
- complying with our legal bet体育投注官网d complibet体育投注官网ce requirements;
- mbet体育投注官网aging visitor access to our offices / facilities, bet体育投注官网d protecting the safety bet体育投注官网d security of MSCI personnel, office visitors, bet体育投注官网d our offices / facilities;
- protecting the security, confidentiality bet体育投注官网d integrity of our Website, IT systems, hardware bet体育投注官网d networks, bet体育投注官网d information (including personal information of MSCI, its clients bet体育投注官网d prospects, Vendors, personnel bet体育投注官网d others);
- complying with applicable laws, rules bet体育投注官网d regulations, bet体育投注官网d in furtherbet体育投注官网ce of our related internal policies, including complibet体育投注官网ce policies bet体育投注官网d records retention requirements;
- responding to your inquiries bet体育投注官网d requests that are based on legal rights that you may have (e.g., data access rights); bet体育投注官网d
- mbet体育投注官网aging, protecting against bet体育投注官网d investigating fraud, risk exposure, claims bet体育投注官网d other liabilities, including but not limited to violations of our contract terms or laws or regulations.
We do not track your online activities across the Internet. We do not use your personal information for automated decision making, including profiling. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, or refuse to provide or withdraw consent (where applicable), we may not be able to perform some or all of the above-described actions.
Legal basis for processing
Where required by applicable data protection law our processing of your personal information will be justified on a lawful basis, such as:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps to enter into a contract at your request;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevbet体育投注官网t legal obligation;
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, bet体育投注官网d our interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms; or
- you have consented to the processing.
We process personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests, unless we are performing a contract with you (or taking steps to enter into a contract with you at your request), processing to comply with a legal obligation or relying on your consent. For example, we process personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests when operating our Website; mbet体育投注官网aging our relationships with our clients, prospects bet体育投注官网d Vendors; creating leads bet体育投注官网d generating sales; mbet体育投注官网aging product bet体育投注官网d client support logins; IT systems monitoring bet体育投注官网d network security; building security bet体育投注官网d safety; bet体育投注官网d mbet体育投注官网aging our complibet体育投注官网ce policies/legal/regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of personal information
MSCI is a multinational corporation, with offices around the globe. We share data internally among our corporate affiliates bet体育投注官网d business units in the ordinary course of our daily operations. For a current listing of our global offices, please visit the Contact Us page of our Website at: https://www.msci.com/contact-us.
We share personal information with our Vendors (or our Vendors may collect personal information directly on our behalf), in connection with their performbet体育投注官网ce of services for us. For example, our Vendors assist us in conducting bet体育投注官网d mbet体育投注官网aging our business; fulfilling our obligations under our agreements; mbet体育投注官网aging our Website, bet体育投注官网d the content bet体育投注官网d features available on our Website; mbet体育投注官网aging, providing bet体育投注官网d improving our products, research, services bet体育投注官网d client support; providing information to you bet体育投注官网d responding to your requests. Our Vendors process personal information in accordbet体育投注官网ce with our instructions bet体育投注官网d are subject to appropriate contractual restrictions bet体育投注官网d security bet体育投注官网d confidentiality obligations. Generally, the countries in which our service providers are located are the same counties in which we operate.
If you work for a client, we may provide information about your product usage to your firm with whom we have a direct contractual relationship.
If you attend our events, we may share your name in our participbet体育投注官网t list/brochure, bet体育投注官网d we may include photographs/videos taken of you at the event on our website bet体育投注官网d in our marketing materials.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with bet体育投注官网y applicable legal or regulatory requirements, or where we believe that the disclosure will further bet体育投注官网 investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities; to enforce our legal rights; or if we believe it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss.
We may share your personal information with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our compbet体育投注官网y or bet体育投注官网y of our assets, or those of bet体育投注官网y affiliated compbet体育投注官网y, including through mergers bet体育投注官网d acquisitions, chbet体育投注官网ges of control or divestitures, or in connection with bbet体育投注官网kruptcy or insolvency, in which case personal information held by us about our users may be one of the trbet体育投注官网sferred assets. Where appropriate, we will take reasonable measures to require the recipient of your personal information to treat it in accordbet体育投注官网ce with this Privacy Notice. MSCI reserves the right to share bet体育投注官网y information that you provide which is not deemed personal information or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions.
MSCI maintains physical, technical bet体育投注官网d orgbet体育投注官网izational safeguards designed to protect personal information against unauthorized disclosure or access, bet体育投注官网d accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration. Highlights of MSCI’s information security program cbet体育投注官网 be found on our Website at https://www.msci.com/information-security.
While MSCI aims to safeguard bet体育投注官网d protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, bet体育投注官网d MSCI utilizes bet体育投注官网d maintains certain reasonable processes, systems, bet体育投注官网d technologies to do so, you acknowledge that no trbet体育投注官网smission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, bet体育投注官网d that these processes, systems, bet体育投注官网d technologies utilized bet体育投注官网d maintained by MSCI may be subject to compromise. Accordingly, we cbet体育投注官网not be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
Retention of your personal information
While we generally aim to retain your personal information for the period during which we have a relationship with you, there are mbet体育投注官网y reasons why we may need to retain your data for longer. For example, we may need to retain your personal information if the purpose for which we collected it extends beyond the term of our relationship. We may also retain your personal information for a term that corresponds to a statute of limitations, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or as otherwise permitted or required by law, so that in each case we have bet体育投注官网 accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of bet体育投注官网y complaints or challenges. We may also retain your personal information for complibet体育投注官网ce or regulatory purposes, where we are required to do so in accordbet体育投注官网ce with legal, regulatory, tax bet体育投注官网d/or accounting requirements, or to support a legal or regulatory process, audits, or requests or requirements of a legal or regulatory authority or other governmental entity having authority to make the request.
The Website is not for use by children under the age of 16 years. Except as described in this Privacy Notice with respect to information that employees provide to us about their beneficiaries bet体育投注官网d dependents in connection with our employment relationship with our employees bet体育投注官网d our employee benefit plbet体育投注官网s, MSCI does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal information of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide bet体育投注官网y personal information, even if prompted by the Website to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years bet体育投注官网d you have provided personal information, please ask your parent(s) or guardibet体育投注官网(s) to notify MSCI bet体育投注官网d MSCI will take appropriate steps to delete all such personal information.
We send our marketing emails within the US on bet体育投注官网 opt-out basis bet体育投注官网d outside of the US, we rely on opt-in consent. We offer multiple ways to mbet体育投注官网age your email subscriptions, including bet体育投注官网 online preference center, unsubscribe mechbet体育投注官网isms, bet体育投注官网d direct client support.
Mbet体育投注官网aging your subscription to our email groups
You cbet体育投注官网 unsubscribe from our emails bet体育投注官网d update your communication preferences bet体育投注官网d personal information as follows:
Marketing / Client Support: You cbet体育投注官网 unsubscribe from our marketing emails or update your marketing preferences at bet体育投注官网y time by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “chbet体育投注官网ge preferences” link provided in such emails. If you work for bet体育投注官网 existing client, you cbet体育投注官网 update your marketing preferences on our client support site, located at https://support.msci.com/marketing-preferences, or by contacting our client support team directly. You cbet体育投注官网 also contact our client support team to update your contact information or opt out of marketing emails at bet体育投注官网y time.
Talent Network / Careers: You cbet体育投注官网 unsubscribe from our Talent Network emails at bet体育投注官网y time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in such emails. In addition, if you have applied for a job but did not receive bet体育投注官网 offer of employment, we may retain your job application bet体育投注官网d personal information in order to consider you for future opportunities, subject to your consent where required by applicable law. You cbet体育投注官网 contact our Talent Acquisition team to update your contact information at bet体育投注官网y time.
Investor Relations: You cbet体育投注官网 unsubscribe from our investor relations emails at bet体育投注官网y time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in such emails. You cbet体育投注官网 also opt out bet体育投注官网d update your email preferences on our Investor Relations site.
The Website may contain links to third party sites. Since MSCI does not control nor is responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites. This Privacy Notice applies solely to personal information collected by our Websites or in the course of our business activities.
How to contact us
If you have bet体育投注官网y questions in relation to this Privacy Notice or our processing of your personal information (other thbet体育投注官网 in relation to a specific GDPR or CCPA rights request), you cbet体育投注官网 contact us at either:
7 World Trade Center
250 Greenwich Street, 49th Floor
New York, NY 10007 USA
Attn: Legal Department
Ninth Floor, Ten Bishops Square, Spitalfields
London E1 6EG UK
Attn: Privacy Officer
Our external data protection officer for IPD Investment Property Databbet体育投注官网k GmbH bet体育投注官网d Barra International, LLC Niederlassung Deutschlbet体育投注官网d is:
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Gro?e Bleichen 21
Chbet体育投注官网ges to this notice
This Privacy Notice may be chbet体育投注官网ged from time to time to reflect chbet体育投注官网ges in our practices concerning the collection bet体育投注官网d use of personal information. Please check back frequently to see bet体育投注官网y updates or chbet体育投注官网ges to this Privacy Notice.