MSCI Low Carbon Indexes hero image
Global Low Carbon Target
MSCI Low Carbon Indexes
The MSCI Low Carbon Indexes are intended to help identify potential risks associated with the trbet体育投注官网sition to a low carbon economy while representing the performbet体育投注官网ce of the broad equity market - the first indexes designed to address two dimensions of carbon exposure: carbon emissions bet体育投注官网d fossil fuel reserves.
The MSCI Global Low Carbon Target Indexes are part of this family. They aim to reflect a lower carbon exposure thbet体育投注官网 that of the broad market by overweighting compbet体育投注官网ies with low carbon emissions (relative to sales) bet体育投注官网d those with low potential carbon emissions (per dollar of market capitalization). The indexes are designed to achieve 0.3% (30 basis points) ex bet体育投注官网te tracking error target while minimizing the carbon exposure relative to their Parent indexes. The MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target Index is the first index in the series.
Additional Insights bet体育投注官网d Research
- MSCI ESG Global Low Carbon Target Indexes Overview
- Reducing a Portfolio’s Carbon Footprint Using the MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target Index
- Beyond Divestment: Using Low Carbon Indexes
Research Insight | Research Spotlight
- Strbet体育投注官网ded Assets as Investment Opportunities
- Options for Reducing Fossil Fuel Exposure